Friday, April 26, 2013

Taco Pasta

So after everyone else was done being sick in the house they all requested that I make a Taco Pasta meal for them yesterday. This is not what I had in mind but it will work. I am feeding five people in my house and my toddler eats like everyone else with this meal.


Taco Pasta

Ingredients: 
  • 1lb box of Medium Shells
  • 2lbs Ground Turkey
  • 1 can Diced Tomatoes
  • 1cup american cheese ( I make my own and it tastes just like velveeta so velveeta cheese will work just fine)
  • 1/2cup of mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2cup Sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 10oz can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 4tbps Taco Seasoning
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:

You want to cook the pasta according to the directions on the box for al dente pasta. Strain the pasta and set aside.  I tend to cook the pasta while I am cooking the rest of the meal and let it strain until I need it)
Start cooking the ground turkey until it is completely cooked.. Once the turkey is done you will want to drain any fat that has come off of the ground turkey during cooking. Then add the 4tbsp of taco seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Mix it up well then from that point you will want to add the can of diced tomatoes, mix well. Now you will want to add the 1 can of soup and all the cheese and add the 1/2 cup of milk in slowly until it reaches a thinness or thickness that you like mix it until all the cheese is good and melted. Now you want to add the shells to the meat and cheese sauce and mix them in and then let it rest for about 5 minutes. Now you can serve.

No comments :