Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Old Fashion Pound Cake Remade

So my family have been craving pound cakes but in both my husband and my family the people that made the pound cakes were gone. Both my grandmothers made pound cakes but only one left me the recipe for hers and I decided that I would give this a try. So I gave it a shot three times and each time the results were different and I was about to give up but then I was online and seen Secrets to Perfect Pound Cake and decided to give it a try and this is my results.








Old Fashion Pound Cake Remade

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups cake flour (if using all-purpose flour sift it twice before sifting it over the egg mixture)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/4 cups  sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and hot

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350, grease loaf pan.
  2. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt 
  3. In a food processor or blender (I used my ninja with the paddle attachment) process the sugar, eggs and vanilla and almond extract together until well combined
  4. Once well combined start to slowly add the melted butter into the blender/processor
  5. Pour the mixture into a big bowl and sift about 1/3 cup of the flour mixture over the egg mixture and whisk until combined, do that two more times until all the flour has been incorporated. Do not over mix just mix until most lumps are gone.
  6. Pour all the batter into your greased loaf dish and tap on counter once and bake at 350 for 50 mins. Let rest on wire rack for 10 mins then remove from loaf pan and let rest until completely cooled.
Recipe adapted from America's Test Kitchen Feed

No comments :