Saturday, May 24, 2014

Amish White Bread

You thought I was playing when I said I was back, HUH? Well I'm posting and I got a great bread recipe for you guys.


If you know us and your reading this then you know that my family goes threw lots and lots of bread. I mean what do you expect from a family of six. Last year I tried plenty of bread recipes and my family fell in love with this Amish White Bread that was hearty but sweet.



This recipe is good as is but for us to eat this everyday would be murder on our teeth. So I had to drop the sugar to get it to be where we could eat this bread daily. After reducing the amount of sugar from 2/3 cups to half a cup the bread is perfect for us. Now with the sugar reduction I have noticed that the bread is lighter and fluffier now than it was before. It has a more wonder bread texture and is perfect for a classic PB & J sandwich.


I follow the steps exactly. I put on a good playlist and get to mixing and kneading and when I'm done I have two loaves of wonderful fluffy white bread. On occasion I do make the original version.

If you want me to post the recipe with the one change that I have made then leave let me know in the comments.

Here is a link to the recipe for --> Amish White Bread 


Detours in Life


1 comment :

Unknown said...

There is nothing better than fresh bread! Thanks for linking up with the #smallvictoriessundaylinky! You have been pinned to the group board!